Re: virtualbox fails to compile module on 3.10

 Hi.

On Sun, 13 Oct 2013 11:20:07 +0200
Nickolay Todoroff <nickolay.todoroff@pharma.ethz.ch> wrote:

> I'm stuck with the same problem as Kent. I'm running on Wheezy with the
> 3.10-0.bpo.3-amd64 kernel (backports).
>
> The problem is actually that the virtualbox versions (esp. the OSE one)
> from the repositories do not work with new kernels (newer than 3.2 as
> far as I checked). It is clear that we can install the Oracle version,
> however it is not optimal.

The source of your problem is - you've installed backported kernel, but
didn't install backported virtualbox module source.

Please consider installing these packages (and upgrade your
virtualbox to 4.2.16 from backports):

http://packages.debian.org/wheezy-backports/virtualbox-dkms
http://packages.debian.org/wheezy-backports/virtualbox

 Reco