Re: linux-image-3.10-3-amd64 unbootable: /dev/disk/by-uuid not created

I did the following today:

Indeed, the /lib/udev/rules.d/60-persistent-storage.rules file does exist in the initramfs.

I tried "udevadm control --reload-rules", but there was no output that I can use. I also think I tried it with --debug, and I saw some info, but nothing helpful.

I decided to try to rebuild my 3.10-1 initramfs, to see if the newly build package would cause the same problems, and indeed it did. I have the old working initramfs, and now a broken one which gives the same behavior as the 3.10-3 version. So, it's not the kernel so much as it's something else being packaged on the initramfs. I'm thinking this is a udev problem thus far, but I really don't know that for certain yet.

I'll decompress the initramfs files tomorrow and look at the differences between them.

Unfortunately the host in question is important to me, and at a remote location, so I can't play with it right now. I will look into setting up a test system though and see if I can duplicate the problem locally.