Re: apt-get vs. aptitude

Le 10.10.2013 14:30, Erwan David a écrit :
On Thu, Oct 10, 2013 at 12:47:08PM CEST, "David L. Craig"
<dlc.usa@gmail.com> said:
On 13Oct09:2153+0100, Joe wrote:

> On Wed, 09 Oct 2013 13:24:57 -0500
> Richard Owlett <rowlett@cloud85.net> wrote:
>

> > Being retired, I've no aspirations of being a sysadmin.
> >

> If you run Linux, you already are. You don't get to choose.

Probably.  There have been reports of parents set up on
Linux platforms by children who remotely attend to the
care and feeding of the box.  Hopefully these parents are
not deemed to be lusers by their progeny.

Just say "if you have your own compuyter (whatever the OS) that
nobody manages for you, you already are a sysadmin.

Guys, I must disagree with that. It would mean that any linux distro is hard to maintain, and that's wrong. Plus, sysadmin have a lot more knowledge than simple users and power users.

Imagine that it would mean that any people making some shitty excel formulas would be a programmer, anyone able to change a wheel on his car a mechanic, anyone able to grow something a biologist, etc... sounds fun, but not realistic at all :)