Re: GnuPG with OpenPGP card implementation

I actually use my v2.0 OpenPGP card daily and have just been notified that my new order was just shipped today.

I have a built-in smartcard reader on my laptop:

Bus 002 Device 004: ID 0a5c:5800 Broadcom Corp. BCM5880 Secure Applications Processor

And then I have a USB SCM331 reader I got while on a government contract:

Bus 007 Device 002: ID 04e6:e001 SCM Microsystems, Inc. SCR331 SmartCard Reader

Both work fine using as my SSH authentication key and with both gpg 1.4.12 and gpg2 2.0.19. I currently am only using 3072bit keys though I'm looking forward to seeing if the new cards I ordered will handle 4096bit as I've read it is supposed to be supported with gpg2 2.0.18+ and newer batches of the v2.0 cards.

In my case, per my key policy, my openpgp cards are just the sub-keys as my primary key is kept offline on an encrypted drive in my vault.