Re: google-chrome-unstable apparently removes its executable

Le 09.10.2013 02:43, Stephen Allen a écrit :
On Sun, Oct 06, 2013 at 11:42:15AM -0400, Patrick Wiseman wrote:
Updating two testing systems this morning, I found that my Chrome
suddenly became unable to find any web pages. Attempting to relaunch,
it wasn't there!

'which google-chrome' returned nothing. I tried 'sudo apt-get install
google-chrome-unstable', but it was already installed. Finally, on
both systems, I did 'sudo apt-get install google-chrome-stable' and
now have a working Chrome again.

I guess that's what I get for being willing to live with unstable!

On the other hand, which will only show you the command with the exact name you provided it, right? You would have better informations if you simply list the content of the package and grep it with /usr/bin, so that it would show the binaries. Something like "$apt-file list google-chrome-unstable |grep '/usr/bin'" should do the trick, and says if the command you are searching from has not simply be renamed.

( sorry Stephen to reply to you but it seem I have deleted the OP's post )