Re: schroot

On Mon, Oct 07, 2013 at 12:38:04PM -0400, shawn wilson wrote:
> This is at the top of every config file, but I can't find it documented:
>
> . "$SETUP_DATA_DIR/common-data"
> . "$SETUP_DATA_DIR/common-functions"
> . "$SETUP_DATA_DIR/common-config"
>
> Where is this being sourced from (ie, where is the 'common-data'
> file?) and (more important) where is this documented?

It's set in the environment which the setup scripts run in.  It
should be documented in schroot-setup(5), but appears to be missing.
Mea culpa.  This probably stems from this historically being an
internal implementation detail; it should probably be considered
part of the public interface at this point.

It's /usr/share/schroot/setup at present on Debian, but this depends
upon how you configure schroot when you build it from source.  This
was added to remove duplicated logic used in each and every setup
script.

If you're looking for where this is coming from in the source, see
session::setup_chroot() in sbuild/sbuild-session.cc (1.0--1.6)
(lib/sbuild/session.cc on current git master).

Regards,
Roger

--
  .''`.  Roger Leigh