Re: NFS in schroot/sbuild

On Fri, Sep 06, 2013 at 09:35:58AM +0200, Khaled Blah wrote:
> On 04.09.2013 17:16, Chris Bannister wrote:
> > On Wed, Sep 04, 2013 at 02:42:44PM +0200, Khaled Blah wrote:
> >> Hi all,
> >>
> >> I'd like to mount an NFS mount point into a schroot session. I
> >> understand I need to edit /etc/schroot/sbuild/fstab on the host to do so
> >> but all my attempts so far failed. Does anyone here know how it can be done?

> > IOW, what alterations did you make?
> > What did you expect to happen and what actually did happen?
> > Please include any error and syslog messages relevant to the problem.
> >

> Hi Chris,
>
> thanks for your reply. However, there is no error message or log that I
> could provide. What I expect is to see the NFS resource being mounted
> into my schroot environment but what I see is that it is not being
> mounted. There is no error message for this. So, as you can see, I have
> provided as much information as possible at this point. So if somebody
> has hints in regard to my original question, please let me know.

Showing us the change you made to the fstab file would be a good start.
schroot can also be run in verbose mode with "-v" which will show you
what it's doing when running the setup scripts.  Seeing that output
would also be helpful, or else we're just guessing what you did.

schroot's 10mount setup script just runs the regular mount command; so
there's nothing special about NFS here.  But note that the mountpoint
is inside the chroot; schroot will prepend the chroot mount path to
this.  Other than that, it's just the same as the normal /etc/fstab
entries.

Regards,
Roger

--