Brother QL-1060N label printer: unwanted media feed after print job

Hi,

is there any body out there using the Brother QL label printer series
under debian/wheezy?

I'm printing labels via CUPS lp command and postscript files
to an QL-1060N with 62mm width continuous roll.

I'm facing the problem that after the print job is finished
and the label is cut as expected,
that the printer driver after a short pause seems to submit an media feed
so that 1 inch (2,54cm) of blank media is advanced
and is sticking in front of the next printed label.

I can only circumvent this by manually pressing
the cut button on the printer  before submitting the next print label job.

I have taken a look on the source of the printer driver

printer-driver-ptouch 1.3-4

but was not yet able to find the code that must be changed
to suppress the media advance.

Same result with v1.3-7 from testing/unstable.

I also tried the driver from brother, which does not advance the media
*afte*r the job,
but unfortunately prints 1,5 inch blank media *before* the actual label
data..

http://www.brother.com/cgi-bin/agreement/agreement.cgi?dlfile=http://www.brother.com/pub/bsc/linux/dlf/ql1060ncupswrapper-1.0.1-0.i386.deb&lang=English_gpl

Any hints are greatly appreciated..

  My CUPS printer queue definition:
   .
    Queue Name: labelprt62c
    Driver: Brother QL-550 Foomatic/ptouch (recommended) (grayscale,
2-sided printing)
    Connection: socket://mydomain.bla:9100
    Defaults:   job-sheets=none, none media=unknown sides=one-sided
    .
    Set Default options:
    .
     General
       Page Size: Custom
       Width: 62
       Height: 68
       Units: Millimeters
       Print Quality: High quality
       Concatenate Pages:  IndividualPages
       Mirror Print:   Normal
       Negative Print: PositivePrint
       Print Density:  Dark
       Roll Fed Media: Continuous roll
     Finishing
       Advance Distance: None
       Advance Media: Do not advance the tape
       Auto Cut: Cut the medium after each label
     Printer Specifics
       Align:  Center aligned
       Bytes Per Line: 90
       Label Preamble:     LabelPreamble
       Software Mirror:    HardwareMirror

WR,
Bruno

PS: Are there any other recommandable label printers that work under
debian & CUPS ?