Re: [SOLVED] Re: Mounting a Samsung Galaxy S3.

I simply wanted to share that I've been happy with a completely different (and fully CLI) approach/solution: the android debug bridge. IIRC JellyBean requires adb version 1.0.31, which I had to compile for squeeze (and which is also provided within the android development tools package provided by google - sdk/platform-tools/adb)

It is necessary to turn on USB Debugging from Settings > Developer options. Since leaving this on poses a security threat, I use "USB Debugging Monitor" by Bit Bloo to remind me to turn if off when I disconnect.

Using adb provides fast transfer speeds over a usb cable -- great for copying those titanium backup or nandroid images

In order to make the file transfer process more user-friendly (since adb pull is rather cumbersome to work with - lots of paths to type manually, no tab-completion) I wrote a couple shell scripts which I would be happy to share if anyone is interested. They essentially do this:

terminal 1:
adb forward tcp:5555 tcp:5555
nc localhost 5555 | tar xf -

terminal 2:
adb forward tcp:5555 tcp:5555
adb shell
...and from the android shell,
tar cf - /list/of files you want to copy | nc -l -p 5555

~David.