Re: What does 'apt' in /etc/cron.daily do?

On 2013-10-06, Bob Proulx <bob@proulx.com> wrote:

> I think that comment was basically that /etc/cron.daily/apt doesn't
> have anything to do with log rotation.  So you are barking up the
> wrong tree.

Maybe he thought that given the apt script is run before the logrotate
script in cron.daily (if indeed they're handled in alphabetical order?
(apparently, yes, they're run in 'lexical sort order' order according to
the run-parts man page)), if the apt script hung for any reason, the
logrotate script would never get past the bottleneck, thus "explaining"
his problem.

Or maybe I should just wait for him to reveal his reasoning, if he ever
does.