Re: Re: apt-get installation of mysql and apachi in different directory.

On 10/01/2013 10:40 PM, Muhammad Yousuf Khan wrote:
Thanks emmanuel and Celejar for your input.
actually i have been going through DRBD configurations and practicing, and i saw people mounting their DRBD drives to /etc/apache for apachi-failover and /somewhere/lib/mysql for mysql failover. i was just thinking why not i just mount DRBD drive on the root folder and tell apt-get install to copy all the files to specified path rather then default so i could avoid copying files from their installation directory to mount points then remount the mount point to their installation directory.

is it fine. though i am just practicing things are not in production. my production DRBD is working fine.

Thanks,

Hi Muhammad Yousuf Khan,

You can try downloading the apache and mysql's tar.gz file and try installing in any location you like. You can specify that in the 'configure' script itself. './configure --help' will give more details on that.

On Tue, Oct 1, 2013 at 9:34 PM, Celejar <celejar@gmail.com> wrote:
On Tue, 1 Oct 2013 17:01:23 +0200
emmanuel segura <emi2fast@gmail.com> wrote:

> you can use service chroot, but i think it can be more elegant if you use
> openvz or lxc for confine services

The OP should also probably explain what he's really trying to do -
there may be a better way to accomplish it.

> 2013/10/1 Muhammad Yousuf Khan <sirtcp@gmail.com>
>
> > is there a way to install server side stuff like apachi and my sql in to
> > different mount points or directories.
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Myk

Celejar