Re: Linux 5.0 and 6.0 squeeze installation problem

On Thursday 26 September 2013 09:23:37 wael kaddouh wrote:
> Good day guys,
>
> Got the Debian 5 Lenny tried installing it ona  g8 380p proliant
> server, but i got the "the cd-rom drive contains a cd which cannot
> be used for installation" thought it was an OS problem , tried
> istalling squeeze 6.0 same problem, tried burning the OS on a USB
> stick again same problem. Am banging my head against the wall here.
> help please

Those are both old versions that are not easy (utterly straightforward
if you prefer) to install now.  Is there a reason why you want an old
version?  Otherwise use the current Stable, Wheezy, Debian 7, or even
Jessie, the current testing.

When you say that you got the CDs, what do you mean?  Did you burn
them yourself?  Did you burn and image or copy the files?  It sounds
rather as though you may have copied the files, given the error
message you are getting.

Lisi