Re: How to use the debian installation iso for installing packages using aptitude

On Du, 18 aug 13, 21:22:59, Zenaan Harkness wrote:

> > Also if I generate my own gpg key and sign the repository using that key,
> > will it get authenticated?

Yes, if you add the key correctly.

> But gpg-signing a 30GiB repo, package by package, just to avoid
> warning messages?
> </shudder>

You don't need to sign each package, only the Packages file, since that
contains checksums for all individual .deb.
https://wiki.debian.org/SecureApt

> There ought be a simple "I'm the admin, I know what I'm doing, please
> override the checks for this repo" override.

There is one for CDROMs (see /etc/apt.conf/00trustcdrom), but since the
OP is using 'deb file:/' it won't work.

Kind regards,
Andrei