Re: find'ing files containing certain words (all of them) ...

On Sat, Sep 21, 2013 at 05:22:09AM -0400, Albretch Mueller wrote:
>  the short bash script bellow you can use to find text files
> containing one word, but my attempts at trying to make it find more
> than one word within the same file haven't been successful

I think you are looking for the 'grep' command.

"grep word path/*" will find all files in "path" which contain "word"

"grep word path/* | grep word2" will do the same, but then narrow down the
search to files that also contain "word2"

man grep for options.  But you might be interested in '-r' to
recursively search a path.

-Rob