Re: any utility to change ip

On 2013-09-20, Jerry Stuckle <jstuckle@attglobal.net> wrote:

>> 'ip a' (short for 'ip addr') shows almost the same information, is
>> available to users without using the full path and is shorter to type ;)
>
> Sure, it's ALMOST the same information.  But it doesn't show everything
> ifconfig does.
>
> As for shorter to type - 8 characters vs. 4 characters?

I count 8 vs. 3 characters.

ip a

makes 3, doesn't it?

And then you're not including in the 8 count the extra characters a
regular Joe must type to specify the full path to the ifconfig
executable:

/sbin/

So let's see, that would be: 14 characters vs. 3 characters.

And I think you neglected to take his winky into account too.

;-)