Fail2ban and IPV6

Hi all,
I'm setting up a new server with dual stack IPV4/IPV6 support. Unfortunately, I'm encountering issues with the Fail2ban daemon, since it looks as if IPV6 is still unsupported.
The following gets logged whenever Fail2ban attempts to block an IPV6 address:
2013-09-14 22:38:45,867 fail2ban.filter : WARNING Unable to find a corresponding IP address for [hostname]

I've tried using an IPV4 only connection to see if Fail2ban would be able to ban the IP in this case, which seems to work as expected.
Any workaround for this, or is there a better alternative to Fail2ban?
Thanks!
Robin