Re: UI lag in 7.0 on Dell Precision T3500

On Thu, Sep 12, 2013 at 11:56 PM, Michael P. Soulier
<msoulier@digitaltorque.ca> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just "saved" my workstation at work, from the evil clutches of Windows 7.
> Unfortunately, in X running nouveau on the platform mentioned in the subject,
> the UI was painfully slow. Moving anything with the mouse resulted in lag,
> like trying to move the windows through mud, along with some flicker.
>
> I tried the LinuxMint live CD and it works perfectly, so it's likely a
> configuration issue. Has anyone seen this problem before?
>
> Thanks,
> Mike

This thread might be of use?

It's some slowness problems I had with xfce. Seems to have been due to
the wrong acceleration method specified in the X11 configuration.

--
Joel Rees

Be careful where you see conspiracy.
Look first in your own heart.