Re: sid upgrade

Le 12/09/2013 20:51, Brian a écrit :
> On Thu 12 Sep 2013 at 19:44:46 +0200, François Patte wrote:
>
>> I made an attempt to upgrade sid (amd64); apt-get report some bugs:

>> is it safe to proceed or shall I wait untill these bugs are corrected?
>
> If you have set up your system to get such a report the onus is on you
> to look at the bug and come to a judgement. Not proceeding loses you
> nothing; you are not obliged to upgrade Sid.

Thanks for answering. I have not "setup my system to get such a report",
I have setup my system to have a system working for me with softwares
that I need. I did not ask to have something like "debhelper" or
"dh-python", I never try to build packages, but these packages were
installed as dependancies and I cannot master this while installing my
system...

The dependancy problem is very difficult to understand, I can only trust
the packagers. My question is: "I don't need debhelper, and I did not
want to install it, but if, for any reasons that I can't understand, it
is necessary to install it, is the warning about a non-corrected bug
will break anything that I need and that I instaled because I needed it?"

--
François Patte
UFR de mathématiques et informatique