How to setup notify-osd

I got these errors when trying to start the daemon:

** (notify-osd:4791): WARNING **: dbus_create_service_instance(): Got error "Did not receive a reply. Possible causes include: the remote application did not send a reply, the message bus security policy blocked the reply, the reply timeout expired, or the network connection was broken."

** (notify-osd:4791): WARNING **: Could not register instance

I don't know how to fix it.
I've removed package notification-daemon but it seems gnome is still using it when I run:
notify-send test.

What do I do now?

--
Regards,