Re: apt-get upgrade problem with libenchant1c2a

On Wednesday 28 Aug 2013, Hugo Vanwoerkom wrote:
> David Goodenough wrote:
> > I have a sacrificial machine that I keep upto date with sid every
> > morning.  Yesterday and today I get an error:-
> >
> > Calculating upgrade... Failed

> >  libenchant1c2a : Depends: aspell-en but it is not going to be installed
> >  or
> >
> >                            myspell-dictionary or
> >                            aspell-dictionary or
> >                            ispell-dictionary or
> >                            hunspell-dictionary
> >
> >                   Recommends: enchant but it is not going to be installed
> >
> > E: Error, pkgProblemResolver::Resolve generated breaks, this may be
> > caused by held packages.
> > Reading package lists... Done
> > Building dependency tree
> >
> > But apt-cache policy libenchant1c2a says:-
> >
> >   Installed: 1.6.0-10
> >   Candidate: 1.6.0-10
> >
> > so it should not need upgrading at all.
> >
> > Also aspell-en is installed.
> >
> > Is this related to Ubuntu bug  #1096669?  There is nothing in
> > bugs.debian.org that seems to fit the bill.
> >
> > Any ideas?
>
> I get that with dist-upgrade and not with upgrade. Googling the error it
> seems that doing upgrade will resolve that. But I haven't tried that!
>
> Hugo
Well the script I run every morning does update then upgrade then dist-upgrade
then auto-remove, so if it is the dist-upgrade then it has just done an
upgrade, so I do not think that is going to help.

I have just tried running an upgrade on its own, and it had nothing to do, and
then a dist-upgrade which failed.  So doing an upgrade does not help.

David