Re: Wireless works, wired doesn't [Debian 6.0.7]

On Mon, Aug 26, 2013 at 12:35:30PM +0100, Brian wrote:
> On Sun 25 Aug 2013 at 21:16:10 -0700, Robert Holtzm wrote:
>
> > On Sun, Aug 25, 2013 at 07:38:55PM -0400, Randy Kramer wrote:
> > >
> > > I'm not an expert at this stuff, but I believe you need that line--try
> > > uncommenting it.
> > >
> > > Assuming eth0 is your internet card (where you plug in your Ethernet cable /
> > > RJ-45 connector, you want that to come up and get an IP address from dhcp.
> >
> > If so, can you account for the fact that I couldn't get eth0 to connect
> > until I commented out that line. BTW, that fix came from a forum. I
> > disremember which one. A search should bring it up.
>
> Anyone (like me) who uses ifupdown exclusively would cripple their
> networking by commenting out
>
>    iface eth0 inet dhcp
>
> If you do not use it I think it is up to you to account for the
> behaviour on your system.

I think the behaviour on my system is contained in your statement....
"Anyone (like me) who uses ifupdown exclusively..."
I don't use ifupdown. It seems to work well with NM when its commented
out.

--
Bob Holtzman
Your mail is being read by tight lipped