Re: What if I choose install text-based mode than X?

As already mentioned by somebody else. You don't need a text based
install to learn how to use Linux by command line interface.

Using a desktop environment you can start a terminal emulation by a
graphical user interface or you can push

Ctrl + Alt + F-Keys

Using mc as file manager would be counterproductive to learn the basics.
FWIW I'm using a desktop environment, but I rarely use a file manager, I
prefer to use the command line interface ls, cd, mkdir, touch, mv, rm,
rmdir. It's not needed to type each command, just type the first letters
and then push the tab-key. The tab key also does complete a path, just
type the beginning of a path and the tab key usually can complete parts
of it.

As others already mentioned, at least mail user agents and web browsers
are available text based. I don't know if an IRC client is available,
but as somebody already mentioned, there's something called ncurses.
Ncurses could be described as a pseudo-graphical user interface for the
command line interface, so e.g. search for "ncurses irc client" or "test
based irc client".

With google "ncurses irc client" I e.g. get "Console IRC Clients"
http://tldp.org/HOWTO/IRC/console.html

Before users ask questions they should search by their own, but a
beginner hardly can do this, because newbies don't know the needed
terms, that are needed to e.g. search the web, so feel free to ask on
this list.

Hth,
Ralf