VMware workstation 9 and Sid

So I had VMware Workstation 9 working just fine with the 3.10 kernels
in SID until a recent upgrade, with the patches provided at:

http://slackblogs.blogspot.com/2013/07/nvidia-30488-vmware-workstation-and.html

Now after an upgrade vmware mysteriously aborts on startup.   So far
I've tried to recompile the VMware modules with the gcc 4.7.3 which
appears to be the compiler the kernel was compiled with.

Linux version 3.10-2-amd64 (debian-kernel@lists.debian.org) (gcc
version 4.7.3 (Debian 4.7.3-6) ) #1 SMP Debian 3.10.7-1 (2013-08-17)

I wanted to try using an older version of libc6, but one doesn't
appear to be available.  Does anyone have any suggestions?

--
Dale Harris
rodmur@maybe.org