Re: What if I choose install text-based mode than X?

Le 22.08.2013 15:22, 郭靖 a écrit :
在 2013年8月22日星期四UTC+8下午6时50分01秒,Ralf Mardorf写道:
On Wed, 2013-08-21 at 19:41 -0700, 郭靖 wrote:

> I've burned a Live CD, and I tried it on VirtualBox, it looked fine

> but I chose the wrong place for GRUB, at last it didn't run well.

More information is needed to comment this.

> is Synaptic different from apt-get? Which of them has more softwares?

Both use the same list of repositories, so the same software is

available.

> mc looks fine and I may tried out.

mcedit is the command to access it's editor directly and

mcedit /path/to/file/foo will open the editor and a file directly. nano

is another easy to use editor, but you should know the basics how to use

vi, or vim, since those are the editors that usually are separated from

the rest of the userspace and available if everything should be broken

on UNIX like systems.

If you want to learn Linux this way I would recommend to use another

distro, but this are only my 2 cents. I for example prefer Arch over

Debian. Beside the repositories that provide binaries Arch comes with a

build system similar to FreeBSD ports, packages neither for this build

system, nor for the binaries are split, as they are for Debian. Arch

packages follow upstream, IOW a lib will not get a separated package,

headers don't get separated packages too. Building packages for Arch is

much easier than doing it for Debian. The _real_ rolling release model

of Arch does provide latest _stable_ software, so if you want to develop

using a lot of new stuff from git, svn etc., you wouldn't run that easy

into issues, as you'll do when using Debian.

> If I dual-boot Debian on my MBP, then install rEFIt, would it be fine?

I don't know.

Debian:

https://wiki.debian.org/MacBook/DebianInstallTutorial

https://wiki.debian.org/MacBookPro

Arch:

https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/MacBook

http://codylittlewood.com/arch-linux-on-macbook-pro-installation/

> And can I send and/or receive mailing list or emails, and talk on IRC

> channels?

You are already doing it ;), but yes you can do it using Linux too :).

Regards,

Ralf