Re: icedove configuration problem

> 1- I presume that icedove check if my email address is a "valid" address
> (and it is, I use it since almost 20 years at Paris Descartes
> University) in some data bases. As it seems to fail to find it, It
> reject it.... (even using "manual" configuration).

Hello Francois,

I believe you are asking how to bypass the automatic configuration that
Icedove attempts to perform? Like you I find this behavior despicable
and something I wanted to avoid. I found out how to make Icedove (and
Thunderbird as well) behave according to my wishes.

To stop Icedove's auto configuration, just go into offline mode while
setting up the account. File -> Offline -> Work Offline.

Then when you go to create a new account, there is a brief attempt to
contact the mozilla database for the domain you entered, and then the
process stops. At that point you can click on manual config, and take it
from there.

Hope this helps, and apologies if I have mis-understood.
Joel