Re: kernel errors

On Tue, Aug 20, 2013 at 11:39:52AM +0200, François Patte wrote:
> Bonjour,
>
> In logwatch report, I have some kenel errors:
>
> 1-ACPI:
>
> ACPI Error: Method parse/execution failed [\_SB_.PCI0.SAT0.SPT3._GTF]
> (Node ffff88040e097ec0), AE_NOT_FOUND (20110623/psparse-536
>
> ACPI Error: [DSSP] Namespace lookup failure, AE_NOT_FOUND
> (20110623/psargs-359)

I believe this indicates a missing procedure if your ACPI. If you're
experiencing problems (the "\_SB_.PCI0.SAT0.SPT3._GTF" would suggest that
it's to do with one of your SATA ports), then you should A) upgrade your
BIOS, B) search the internet for "Custom DSDT" (this is definitely a
sledgehammer approach, though). If you're not experiencing any problems,
then don't worry about it.

> 2- Ext4:
>
> EXT4EXT4-fs (dm-0): re-mounted. Opts: discard,errors=remount-ro

Not actually an error. Well, it's an error with logwatch, really. You'll
probably find that /dev/dm-0 is your root filesystem, which is being
remounted as the boot sequence comes out of the initramfs. The
"errors=remount-ro" is a flag to say "If an error occurs with this
filesytem remount it read-only", other options there are "continue" or
"panic".

> 3- uvesafb:
>
> uvesafb: probe of uvesafb.0 failed with error -22
> uvesafb: probe of uvesafb.0 failed with error -5

Not sure about that one. Are you getting high-resolution text during
boot? Perhaps try letting grub set the resolution and use
GRUB_GFXPAYLOAD_LINUX=keep...?