Re: boot: can't find root=/dev/mapper/vgHDB-HDBB

emmanuel segura wrote:
Every kernel has a initramdisk, try to recreate the debian ramdisk boot with your kernel and look this link

http://serverfault.com/questions/310445/booting-root-filesystem-on-lvm

That suggestion to run update-initramfs worked.

I added 'dm_mod' to /etc/initramfs-tools/modules and ran 'update-initramfs -u -k 3.10-2-amd64 and the boot ran to completion.

But then when I hibernate the same hang in initramfs occurs upon resume, so apparently that module is left out again.

Any thoughts on that? Thanks!

Hugo