Re: UPS monitoring with nut

Thanks for the explanation Darac. Makes more sense now.

I had a look at the user manual that comes with nut-doc. In the
configuration section, it requires you to access files under
/usr/local/ups. I do not have this directory.

>If you find that THAT is out of date, then file a bug report.

Is that what I do now? Or is there something else I can do before
going down that route?

On Fri, Aug 16, 2013 at 10:38 PM, Chris Bannister
<cbannister@slingshot.co.nz> wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 16, 2013 at 01:15:51PM +0930, Ash Narayanan wrote:
>>
>> I can't seem to find any up to date guides. Are there any? Or is one
>> allowed to upload a package to Debian without any instructions on how
>> to use it?
>
> Unfortunately, yes. OTOH, if you installed a chess playing program,
> would you expect it to teach you how to play?
>
> If you brought a tractor, would you expect instructions on how to grow
> corn?

I wouldn't expect a chess program to teach me how to play chess but I
would expect (a well documented) one to have instructions on how to
start the program, start a new game, playing modes (single player, two
player), setting AI difficulty, etc, etc.....you know.....what I.T
staff get 'paid' to do.

Similarly, if I bought a tractor, I wouldn't expect it to come with
instructions on how to grow corn but rather engine specs, pre-startup
checks, blade width, max speed, etc, etc.

Appreciate your concern Chris, but in the past, I've found (especially
on Debian forums) that threads tend to turn into philosophical
debates.

Let's try and focus our energy on the topic at hand: Nut.