Re: How to use the debian installation iso for installing packages using aptitude

Just a small update.

I uncommented out everything in sources.list so all my offline and
online repositories are enabled.

Ran apt-get update

Commented out only my dvd-mountpoints, so no offline repository.

Ran apt-key update

Gave me the following output

root@Innovator:~# apt-key update
gpg: key B98321F9: "Squeeze Stable Release Key
<debian-release@lists.debian.org>" not changed
gpg: key 473041FA: "Debian Archive Automatic Signing Key (6.0/squeeze)
<ftpmaster@debian.org>" not changed
gpg: key 65FFB764: "Wheezy Stable Release Key
<debian-release@lists.debian.org>" not changed
gpg: key 46925553: "Debian Archive Automatic Signing Key (7.0/wheezy)
<ftpmaster@debian.org>" not changed
gpg: Total number processed: 4
gpg:              unchanged: 4

After that I tried installing a package with apt-get (with my offline
repository disabled) and the warning that was coming before (the
packages could not be authenticated, do you want to continue or not?)
was not there.

Okay, so now I commented out all online repositories and uncommented
out the offline repos (the iso files)

The warning was back.

Also if I have all the repos enabled, the package gets installed from
the online repos! Which is not what is required!