Re: iPod integration

The closest thing I know of to what you want is gtkpod.
http://packages.debian.org/sid/gtkpod

If your ipod has any hard drive issues though I found you will have more
luck running itunes in a virtual machine with USB passthrough.

Rockboxing your ipod and making m3u playlists for it yourself is also an
option which has worked best for my ipods ailing hard drive.
http://www.rockbox.org/

In my case the hard drive has bad sectors (and being FAT32 formated)
which causes a security file itunes writes to be corrupted making the
standard ipod software unusable.
Rockbox does not have this issue and works much better for me anyway.