Re: Login screen for Wheezy/Xfce

On Thu, 2013-08-15 at 10:08 +0200, Klaus Jantzen wrote:
> where do I specify the content of the login screen:
>
> -  automatically using Xfce
> -  automatic login a user without password

What display manager and what greeter for the display manager do you
use?

If you've got only one user, you could remove the display manager and
it's greeter, to start the session by ~/.xinitrc.

Assumed you're using GDM, than edit /etc/gdm3/daemon.conf
https://wiki.debian.org/GDM .

Doesn't GDM3 automatically use the last used DE by default?
However, there are also different ways to tell the display manager what
sessions should be available.

You e.g. could delete entries in /usr/share/xsessions/ or ~/.xinitrc and
only keep Xfce. It depends to the used display manager, greeter, way to
start this stuff ;). I assume that you aren't using the Debian default,
or that you are using the default, but don't like to read Debian Wikis
yourself ;).

http://www.google.de/#bav=on.2,or.r_qf.&fp=1f63dbad6a6becf2&q=debain+wiki+gdm

Too funny the first hits I got are "GDM - Debian Wiki" and "LightDM - Debian Wiki".

Regards,
Ralf