Re: How to use the debian installation iso for installing packages using aptitude

Anubhav Yadav wrote:
> Zenaan Harkness wrote:
> > Anubhav Yadav wrote:
> > > Did that, here is the output

No you did not.  You did something different.  :-(

> > > root@Innovator:/home/neo1691# apt-get update
> > > Ign file: wheezy Release.gpg
> > > Get:1 file: wheezy Release [18.6 kB]
> > > Err file: wheezy/non-free amd64 Packages
> > >
> > > Err file: wheezy/non-free amd64 Packages
> > >   File not found
> > > W: Failed to fetch
> > > file:/media/dvd1-mountpoint/dists/wheezy/non-free/binary-amd64/Packages
> > Can you find this file?
> >
> > Well I can find the directory wheezy but inside that there are only two
> directories called contrib and main
> I guess thats the problem!

Yes.  As I said, non-free is not part of Debian and does not exist in
that Debian iso image.  The line I posted did not include non-free
because it does not exist there.  Adding it will produce errors.

Bob