Re: How to use the debian installation iso for installing packages using aptitude

On 8/14/13, Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf@alice-dsl.net> wrote:
> On Wed, 2013-08-14 at 23:17 +1000, Zenaan Harkness wrote:
>> If you have no need for the images otherwise, a local mirror might be
>> what you want? Eg using debmirror, apt-move etc.
>
> And this does work without downloading completely everything by the
> Internet ;)?

For debmirror yes, by section, by category, and possibly by regex (I
haven't used that though), so perhaps apt-move is best to turn
packages on a few DVDs into a local archive, that's what I originally
used it, combined with local apt cache (/var/local/apt??)

> IIUC the ISOs should be used to avoid downloads, since
> there seem to be issues with the Internet for the OP.

Sounds like ideal for OP _might_ be apt-cacher?

Anubhav, try this:
apt-cache show apt-cacher

and see if that is what you might want.

I once used squid as a more general purpose web cache (included .deb
etc files), to eliminate repeats on a more general level (above apt,
including http and ftp) for a small office. Worked very well for us.

There are so many options... good luck.