Re: sudo questions

On Wed, 2013-08-14 at 12:49 +0200, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> You can set up a root account, but you anyway shouldn't run X sessions
> as root. The Debian on my machine and all Debian installs I ever used
> had a root account by default, but sudo wasn't enabled.

Oops, pushed the wrong button, I wanted to save and not to send the
email.

https://wiki.debian.org/sudo

[rocketmouse@archlinux ~]$ gpasswd --help
Usage: gpasswd [option] GROUP

  -d, --delete USER             remove USER from GROUP

Note that some distros or perhaps desktop environments have more
security barriers that cause "issues", for some X applications you need
to run gksu, gksudo or kdesu, while for other distros there quasi is
nothing set up by default, you have to set up everything regarding to
accounts yourself, Arch Linux is one of those distros.

http://www.thegeekstuff.com/2009/09/ubuntu-tips-how-to-login-using-su-command-su-gives-authentication-failure-error-message/

Regards,
Ralf