Is heimdall capable of flashing to s5670 froyo?

Hello all,

I've been trying to flash freer and newer firmware to a Samsung Galaxy
Fit s5670b, Froyo, 2.2.1 using a jessie box.

The official install procedure on xda-devel forums only support windows,
through Odin and gives little info on the actual flashing procedure.
Though some people said Heimdall would be capable of achieving this, I
have no clue as to which firmware file to use. Is heimdall compatible
with beni.ops?

I spent much time reading contradictory / unreliable info on web. Could
anyone provide some sort of info on the logic of flashing rom?

Until now, I have only succeeded on "rooting" and installing busybox, su
and Superuser.apk. I went on to make those permanent and now I'm unsure
how to proceed. What does Odin and Heimdall do that couldn't be done
using standard shell features?

I have logs for heimdall and adb. Fastboot does not work. Since the logs
are pretty verbose, I'll send them privately to those who volunteer to
help me.

Thank you all,