Re: limit traffic based on IPs

binary dreamer:

> stuck big time with the syntax of an iptable.
> i would like to permit the speed of 512/512kbps to ips 192.168.1.2-5
> i would like to permit the speed of 1024/1024kbps to ips 192.168.1.6-10
> i would like to permit the speed of 2048/2048kbps to ips 192.168.1.11-12
> the rest of the ips will set to free traffic

What did you try and how does it fail?

This link is probably a good starting point:
http://serverfault.com/questions/154451/throttle-bandwidth-via-iptables

It doesn't appear to me that iptables is necessarily the best tool to
achieve what you want. But then I am not sure if your stated goal is
actually the best way to achieve what you *really* want. Is it possible
that you actually need QoS (Quality of Service) instead of fixed
bandwidth limits?

J.
--
I worry about people thinking I have lost direction.
[Agree]   [Disagree]