Re: Problems installing wheezy

On Monday 12 August 2013 06:06 AM, Anubhav Yadav wrote:
Finally able to boot my machine with my new debian distro! Thanks a lot!
I am gonna stay here forever!

Some post-installation questions,

1) The desktop seems to be unusable, no icons on the desktop and I
cannot right click onto it. Or it normal? Is there a setting to unlock
the desktop? or is something wrong with the installation?

2) Now I have downloaded the dvd-iso-1 and installed debain, I will be
downloading the other too dvds too this week. If I am not connected to
the Internet and I have these iso/s/ will I be able to install other
packages using them? Else I will skip downloading them.

Thanks again! Feels great!

On Mon, Aug 12, 2013 at 5:55 AM, Anubhav Yadav <anubhav1691@gmail.com
<mailto:anubhav1691@gmail.com>> wrote:

    On Aug 11, 2013 1:56 PM, "Brian" <ad44@cityscape.co.uk
    <mailto:ad44@cityscape.co.uk>> wrote:

     > On Sun 11 Aug 2013 at 07:00:37 +0000, Anubhav Yadav wrote:
     >
     > > Thanks a lot, I read the documentation and mistook the word
    mounted for
     > > unmounted.
     >
     > Can we clear on this so that people do not lose confidence in
    using an
     > isohybrid image?
     >
     > 1. You ensured the USB device was unmounted.

    I did this mistake and this time I ensured that the usb was UNMOUNTED

     > 2. You did either
     >
     >       cp debian-7.1.0-amd64-DVD-1.iso /dev/sdc
     >
     >    or
     >
     >       cat debian-7.1.0-amd64-DVD-1.iso > /dev/sdc

    The second one, but yes both works!

     >    (Both commands are equally as good).
     >
     > 3. Booting the stick now succeeded.

    It sure did!! :)