Re: battery

On Thu, Aug 08, 2013 at 11:15:03AM -0700, cletusjenkins wrote:

            ........snip.......

> The cycle only does damage when the battery is discharged beyond 50-60%, which a li-on battery should not allow.

Laptop batteries can and sometimes do go to total discharge if left on
battery power and forgotten. I have done that more than once on Dell and
Lenovo laptops. If you never let the charge get below 50-60% and never
above 80% or so your charge life would be what? An hour or two? Makes
little sense. Do you have a citation for your 50-60% figure?

On the subject of overcharging, most recent chargers will stop charging
once the battery is at 100%. This, however, qualifies as overcharging to
quite a few people.

--
Bob Holtzman
Your mail is being read by tight lipped