Quick Question

Hello List,

Somewhere in my head I think that I might have ask my following question before but I can't remember if I did and what was the response.

If I apt-get install (package) from debian-backports/ squeeze-backports main will any other areas of my debian get modified?

I am still very much new in doing things on my server and I just got messed up and the techs had to new re-imaging of the server because I updated a package from sid.

I am using [squeeze] and the package that I need is in squeeze-backport

Thanks

Fred