Re: fax over IP

On 08/07/2013 07:03 AM, J B wrote:
Hello,

can anyone suggest how to create a foip system on debian ?

Thanks

FAX over IP is fairly complex. At a minimum, for me, it will start with Hylafax. I'd then add iaxmodem. Now we have to connect that to either a termination provider in some way. My method usually uses Asterisk, but Freeswitch or Yate could also be used. The "easy" way to set up Asterisk is to use either Incredible PBX, or overlay a base Asterisk installation with Freepbx as a web based GUI. Incredible PBX is simply a pre-packaged installation of Asterisk and Freepbx with extras.