Re: Removing x11-common

On 06/08/13 17:26, Kyle Kuhn wrote:
Hi,

I wasn't sure where to start so I started here.

I am developing my own Distro of Linux, and I am using Debian as a base.
I am trying to remove all programs dependent on the X11-Common package
without actually removing the X11-Common package. I am using the most
recent Debian LTS. Is there a way APT can do this, or will I have to remove
the x11-common package, then "#apt-get autoremove" and reinstall x11-common?

Thanks in advanced.

You could use "apt-cache rdepends x11-common" to find all packages that directly depend on x11-common, remove those which will take out any packages that depend on them too and see what autoremove will show as left.

--
Dom