Network unavailable without desktop

Hi all,

I normally run my wheezy laptop under KDE, and the network management is
provided by NetworkManager. This generally works fine.

However, When I log off the KDE session, the wireless network shuts down
(Wired network keeps going). I suspect the wpa passwords become
unavailable without the desktop, but this is pure guesswork.

This presents a problem for overnight Cron scripts which need to contact
a remote server.

Should I abandon NetworkManageri in favour of the old ifup/ifdown and
wpa-supplicant, or can I fix NetworkManager somehow?

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Cheers, Tony

--
Tony van der Hoff        | mailto:tony@vanderhoff.org