Re: Re: Fwd: install packages without verification.

atar wrote:
> Brian wrote:
> > The problem however is that when I try to install a new package or
> > upgrade an existed one, using the apt-get install command, I get a
> > question asking me: 'Install these packages without verification?'
> > and above this question is a list of some packages that cannot be
> > verified. so my question is why does some packages cannot be
> > verified and how to solve this trouble?
>
> > >  apt-cache show debian-archive-keyring
>
> What's your meaning? this package is already installed on my machine
> but the problem is still existed.

The package debian-archive-keyring contains the archive key that
verifies the packages.  If your system is complaining that it can't
verify the package then the cause is almost always an outdated
debian-archive-keyring package.

Verify that the package is up to date.

  # apt-get update
  # apt-get install debian-archive-keyring
  # apt-get update

The second apt-get update is needed after debian-archive-keyring is
upgraded in order to do the verify.

Bob