Re: SSHD Keys

Jerry Stuckle wrote:
> I was just renewing my SSHD keys (dpkg-reconfigure openssh-server)
> and noticed it is generating 512 bit RSA keys.

Normally dpkg-reconfigure openssh-server won't regenerate keys.  Say
again how you were observing 512 bit keys?  I think it must be
something else.  Because the default host key size is 2048 bits not
512 bits.  And the ephemeral protocol key is 1024 bits.  So your
statement confuses me since it does not match Debian's defaults.

Bob