Re: Upgrade a Single Package

Fred White:

> Is it save to upgrade a package from sid?

If you are running stable: generally no. Most packages depend
(in)directly on some essential package like libc. If you install such a
package from sid, you will end up upgrading tons of other packages as
well and then run a completely untested mix of stable, testing and sid.
You are probably better off running pure testing or sid.

The best approach is to either wait for a backport or try to create your
own (which I cannot really help with).

J.