Re: Development packages need to build emacs from source

> I'm building emacs for the bzr sources but keep being told I don't
> have x development pkgs installed.
>
> I installed several xorg.*dev pkgs.. and a few others that looked like
> they might be what I need.  But still getting the report from
> configure that x development files are not found, and offers to buils
> --without-x
>
> Anyone here who has built emacs recently that knows what pkgs I need
> to be able to build it?...

Because emacs is already packaged for debian, you can use the existing
build dependencies as a starting point.  Use the "apt-get build-dep
<package>" command to install the build-time dependencies for any
package.  If the bzr sources require additional libraries, you will have
to look for those.

--
regards,
kushal