Re: tntnet

hi brian.

On Wed, 31 Jul 2013, Brian wrote:

On Tue 30 Jul 2013 at 14:55:41 -0600, ChadDavis wrote:

I've noticed the tntnet is running on my box.  I'm on wheezy.

I'd like to turn it off, at the least.  But I wonder why it's fired
up in the first place.  I didn't install it, unless by accident.
How might I determine if something else is using it?

Rough and ready, but effective:

  apt-cache -s purge tntnet

i assume you mean

   apt-get -s purge tntnet

which purges nothing, but displays what would happen if you were to do

   apt-get purge tntnet

please correct me if i have misunderstood your intent here.

-wes

Turning it off would involvei using:

 update-rc.d tntnet disable