Re: Installing Mate

On Tue 30 Jul 2013 at 12:58:48 -0400, Ethan Rosenberg, PhD wrote:

--> So you are installing many packages which are meant for Wheezy!

I was thinking about that.  How do I upgrade?

I wouldn't bother upgrading (unless you have other reasons, of course) if
I were you. I tried having

   deb http://repo.mate-desktop.org/debian wheezy main

as the only line in my sources.list and got very much the same output as
you. It seems like something is broken in the state of Mate.

Brian -

Thanks.

Somehow we have to rescue the "state of Mane" from impending bankruptcy.

The reason is...

I am setting up a computer with a program I have written. The system will then be given to a customer. Therefore the system cannot have duplicate icons. My hope is that Mate will solve the problem.

So, please... any ideas???

Ethan