Re: Change Lightdm background

On 2013-07-29, Klearchos-Angelos Gkountras <kag@riseup.net> wrote:
> I want to change the background of lightdm with a custom image .
> Do you know how to do that ? Thanks very much
> --
>  .''`.   Klearchos-Angelos Gkountras
>: :' :   webiste      ??? http://jemadux.info
> `. `'    email        ??? kag@riseup.net
>   `-     xmpp/jabber  ??? kag@jabbim.com

Edit the /etc/lightdm/lightdm-gtk-greeter.conf
Look for the line that starts with:
background=/path/to/some/image/file/that/works/with/lightdm
and insert the path to the image file you prefer.

I've had to delete files from /var/lib/lightdm
(do not remember which)
when cloning one machine to another to get lightdm
to apply new/changed image on the cloned machines.
Editing the lightdm-gtk-greeter.conf, as editing it alone
did not suffice.