Re: Installing Mate

On Mon 29 Jul 2013 at 20:07:44 -0400, Ethan Rosenberg, PhD wrote:

> Dear List -
>
> I am sorry I have to revisit this, but....
>
> for starters I am running squeeze.

So you are installing many packages which are meant for Wheezy!

> Here is what happened:
>
> apt-get install mate-core

There is something missing here. You edited the screen display apt-get
thoughtfully provided?

>  mate-core : Depends: mate-control-center (>= 1.6.0) but it is not
> going to be installed
>              Depends: caja (>= 1.6.0) but it is not going to be installed
>              Depends: marco (>= 1.6.0) but it is not going to be installed
>              Depends: mate-session-manager (>= 1.6.0) but it is not
> going to be installed

[Snip]

> deb http://repo.mate-desktop.org/debian wheezy main

Sorting out the problems of possibly misconfigured archives has nothing
to do with apt-get or Debian. Contacting the administrators of the
archive may get you somewhere quicker.